My out of place space

My entire blog, the title, url, and anything else, is based on one principal that I want every one to know: If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior..this isn't your home, heaven is, and it's coming soon. That is the most encouraging thing that we Christians can dwell on, it's our hope, our future..our eternal future. -(1 Peter 2:11,12)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Back

Well, i've made it back. After 40 hours of bus rides i'm still living and all is well. I had some great times, saw some wonderful views, and ate some great food. Actually, i ate the best chocolate that i've ever eaten and ate the best hamburger that i've ever eaten and done the hardest hike of my life...all which i can say were done in the andes mountains. It could have happened anywhere, but it didn't, it happened in the andes. So now i can say, so yea..that time when i was mountain biking down the andes...or rock climbing in the andes....or eating icecream in the andes. It's just a cool claim. But really, i had a great time and took some great pictures. Be sure to check some of them out. When i get back home, i can show you all more, but until then, you'll have to do with the ones at the bottom of this page. Right now, were in the month of march. (That's right, the months here are the same as the months in your country!) And i thought this was going to be a really long and boring month...but now i see my errors. We've been given this book "ahora que creo" (now that i believe) and we have to read it and write a book report...so that should take up a large part of this free time i have on my hands. Also, i have to be preparing for this evangelistic campaign that were going on here in a few weeks. I'll put more updates on that campaign thing later. Basically, were going to be door to door witnessing...which is hard, for me, not knowing all that much spanish. I mean, i know alot considering how long i've been studying, but it's still going to be tough. So if you think about it, pray for me, and the others who are going to be with me and those who we'll be talking to. At the end of this month, I'll be halfway done with this 6 month segment, and starting the Bible institute...bible classes..in spanish. I'm really excited about that. It's coming fast. Other short news: i got a cell phone, but it charges me for incoming calls...which it shouldn't, so i'll have to call an oporator and try and get that fixed...another interesting situation. I've talked on the phone in spanish before...and believe me, it's alot harder that in person...b/c you can't see hand signals or facial expressions. So, we'll just wait and see how that goes. Ok, well, i'm out..check out the pictures...and feel free to comment, and ask questions if you want...i love hearing them. I miss you all. Chau.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d64/jaycleary/Pichi/ --photos

5 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jayson,
Glad you had a great time. Your pictures are great. I will have to get Grandfather down to see them tomorrow.
Hope your birthday was good. Have you gotten your package that I sent? I hope you have a good rest of the week. Our love and prayers,
Grandma and Grandfather

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Andy said...

I am glad you enjoyed the mountains
that God named after me.

Andy

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got a chance the pics. Shared them with Dad. They are awesome. I'll try to call or e-mail this weekend. love you dearly. Dr Braswell is inpressed with what your doing.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need to go to bed. I made numerous errors in the previous comment. Sorry U get the pt.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good just wait till you ride bikes with me........then that still wont compair to the mountains but maybe we can do a mission trip somewhere before you are 100% adult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home