My out of place space

My entire blog, the title, url, and anything else, is based on one principal that I want every one to know: If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior..this isn't your home, heaven is, and it's coming soon. That is the most encouraging thing that we Christians can dwell on, it's our hope, our future..our eternal future. -(1 Peter 2:11,12)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Vamos por micro

This saturday, i begin the longest bus ride of my life....probably forever. Unless of course the one one the way back is longer. I'll be sure to take several pictures while there in the south. I'll select the best to post, but i'll take more, so if you want to see, you can buy a cd for just a mere ...jusk kidding. But you will have to wait until i get home. There, there should be mountain biking, rock climbing, white water rafting, and those tobogan things that slide down a mountain. I don't really know what there called, but they're cool. I'm going to pass my 19th birthday down there...so i get to say, i spent my 19th birthday in the andes....cool claim, i s'pose. I'm not really going to say much about that, because i'll want to write about it AFTER it happens.
Cool things going on: I'm learning spanish very quickly. I spend almost all my time speaking spanish. I hate when i have to spend time with north americans because i feel like i'm wasteing time. Because when we're together we rarely speak spanish together. My vocabulary, is still pretty bad, since i didn't study before hand...but my speaking and understanding is pretty good, considering i leaned my first word in spanish 5 months ago, plus i had a month break in there. I'm able to talk about my quiet time with my friends and listen to them share stuff with me from the bible and their quiet times. I'm able to listen to the sermons and take notes and i've even starting to learn to play songs in spanish on guitar. I can't wait to come home knowing how to sing in spanish. Of course, i'm saying all of this to update, not to brag...so...if it didn't seem so, i appologize. Also, i'm finally able to express my self and my personality through this crazy language. 99% of phrases that we have in english dont translate, so i'm having to learn new ones, or make them up. But yea, this is amazing. I can't wait to see what God's going to do. If you think about it...pray for me, that i'd have direction in my life, some sort of goal. Or, that i would quit worrying about it. Recently, i've really wanted to know His plan for after this program ends. But, praise God, i'm just following Him day by day, and He's led me here, so i'll serve Him here, until He leads elsewhere. Alright, more updates after Pichi Traful. Oh yea, pictures are available. Check them out here: http://photobucket.com/albums/d64/jaycleary/Nuevas/

3 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Happy Birthday Jason!
Andy

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jayson,
I hope you will have a special 19th Birthday. Have fun and be careful.
Love you,
Grandma and Grandfather

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Feliz cumpleaños, mi amigo! Te amo! -Kayla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home