My out of place space

My entire blog, the title, url, and anything else, is based on one principal that I want every one to know: If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior..this isn't your home, heaven is, and it's coming soon. That is the most encouraging thing that we Christians can dwell on, it's our hope, our future..our eternal future. -(1 Peter 2:11,12)

Sunday, January 15, 2006

It´s getting better

Hello world, i'm writing this at 7.10, Argentime(get it?) on Saturday. I say that because i probably wont put it on the internet until a few days later. I've just got some cool/uncool things to blog about. I guess i should have just said things. ANYWAYS! A cool thing happened while i was working. My friends who work with me were dancing while we were getting supplies...that's right, dancing. And this kid, i forgot his name (b/c it's hispanic & and i'm bad enough with english ones), saw them while he was "escaping through the window." At least that's what he told us. Anyway, to make a long story shoter...not short, but shorter...he ended up talking to us and helping us clean all of the bathrooms, just because he wanted to serve. I got to ask him about his relationship with Christ, and it turns out to be really good and he tries to do everything for Him. So it really inspired me to shut up and work. He wants to study at palabra de vida when he gets older. I forgot to mention, he's 15. But yea, it was nice to have the help, and to get to meet the kid to. He worked so hard, and nothing fazed(sp?) him. He cleaned those bathrooms like there was no tomorrow. (whatever that means) Basically, he cleaned well, and thoroughly. It was also cool to be able to see how his walk with the Lord was...in spanish. The other story is this: the day before, instead of having to clean bathrooms, we had to move chair/desk combos about a quarter mile. You know, the kind of desk-chairs they have in most schools? Yea, well, they're really awkward to carry, and there were 500 of them. And 1/4 mile is really far. They do things really inefficiantly in this country, because this would be the 3rd time i've moved those things from somewhere to somewhere else. I promise you i'm not complaining, i just thought it was hilarious how inefficiantly they do EVERYthing in this country. Also, it made me realize that there were worse things than cleaning bathrooms everyday for 6 weeks- carrying chairs, everyday for 6 weeks. I want to go back by there and get some pictures of how many chairs 500 is. We only moved half, because they ran out of time to make us work. Me encanta argentina. No, realmente, está bien, pero extraño mucho a ustedes. Last things...check out these pictures from the trip here. I thought they were pretty sweet...and i bought a memory stick so that i can do things like this, so i thought i'd use it. I'm not sure yet how i'll put them on, they might be hosted at my picture sight. I'll be sure to let you know how to see them, if i don't post them on my webpage. I think i fogot where i keep my pictures. If that's the case, you might have to wait for these pictures that i'm lying about. (remember, i have to blog a few days ahead of when you can see it. Alright, chau amigos!!!

ok, go here- http://photobucket.com/albums/d64/jaycleary/
nvm, i couldn´t post them here, without it looking wierd. plus i don´t have time to try and figure it out.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Glad you had a safe trip! I will see if I can arrange furniture moving when you get back since you are so very experienced at it now.

Funny how God works, putting people in our paths to lift us up and improve our spirits.
Your pictures were great, but where did you see the "wanted" poster? Just curious. Andy said it was for the officer killed in Elkin.

Good to hear from you and I am praying for you.

Donna Whitman

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jayson,
Always good to get a update from you. It helps us to know that you are okay. I try to check every day to see if you have had a chance to update you site. You are special and we love you.
Grandma and Grandfather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home